Full-spectrum DC, AC ELF, RF EMF Surveys & EMI/RFI EMF Testing
Vitatech Electromagnetics provides specialized, full-spectrum (0 Hz – 300 GHz) electric and magnetic fields (EMF) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) EMF consultation services in the areas of test and evaluations to verify shielding performance compliance to IEEE-STD-299 (replaced MIL-STD-285) of a prototype, model, and partial-or fully-enclosed shielding room, building or mobile unit and EMF/EMC standards/policies (MIL-STD & NSA).
Comprehensive Environmental Testing
Vitatech also performs environmental testing (and independent verifications) recording EMF/EMC site survey/measurement data of occupied rooms, buildings and entire sites, evaluates the impact of electromagnetic and radiofrequency (RF) interference (EMI/RFI) on equipment/systems, and ensures conformity to various EMF human exposure standards emanating or radiating from:
- Static DC EMF sources (geomagnetic, subways, MRIs, NMRs, etc.)
- AC ELF (extremely low frequency) EMF sources (power lines & equipment)
- VLF (very low frequency) and LF (low frequency) EMF sources (CRT monitors)
- RF (radiofrequency) EMF sources (mobile, marine, UHF/VHF, cell/PCS, radar)
- EMP (electromagnetic pulse) & HEMP (high-altitude electromagnetic pulse)
- PQ (power quality) electrical sources (harmonics, voltage/current surges, etc.)
Unmatched Quality Assurance
Our engineers and trained technicians maintain the highest standards of quality assurance during the performance of physical testing projects recording EMF/EMC data in the laboratory or in the field, shielding performance testing (IEEE-STD-299), constructing simulations and models, measuring power quality (PQ) characteristics, assessing and evaluating recorded data and producing the final report with ample charts, tables, and 2-D/3-D color graphics, as required.
Vitatech offers the following EMF/EMC test & evaluation services:
- Electric and magnetic field site surveys of a device, building or site (future or existing) are selected by EMF emission source and required bandwidth:
- Geomagnetic/Static DC electric/magnetic field site survey (0 Hz – 3 Hz)
- AC ELF (power line) electric/magnetic field site survey (3 Hz – 100 kHz)
- VLF/LF CRT computer monitor MPRII compliance site survey (3 – 30 kHz)
- RF – electric/magnetic field site survey (100 KHz – 300 GHz)
- RF – ISM frequencies E and H field (i.e., heat sealer) compliance site survey
- RF – Human Exposure Limits – FCC OET Bulletin 65 (300 KHz – 100 GHz)
- Shielding performance testing (IEEE-STD-299 replaced MIL-STD-285)
- EMF simulations of electrical systems including transmission/distribution lines, transformers, switchgears, busways, risers, conduits, panels, subways/trains.
- RF modeling of antenna patterns, electric field strength profiles of marine, mobile, pagers/cellular/PCS, AM/FM, UHF/VHF, microwave & radar antennas.
- Evaluation of EMI/RFI threshold standards to minimize impact on electronic equipment, telemetry & diagnostic systems, communication systems, computers & CRT monitors, servers and IT networks, scientific research instruments, etc.
- EMC measurements & assessments in compliance with standards:
- MIL-STDs-449, -461, -462, -463, -464, -1472, & -2169
- MIL-HDBKs-235, -237, -240 & -454 & MIL-EP-1110-3-2
- NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-92, NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-93
- IEEE-STD-299 (replaced MIL-STD-285 for shielding performance testing)
- EMC performance in compliance with the standards:
- MIL-STD-188-124, MIL-STD-188-125
- MIL-HDBK-419, MIL-HDBK-423
- NSA 65-5, NSA 65-6, NSA 73-2A & NSA 94-106
- Evaluation EMF human exposure/risk assessment standards for government and military personnel, contractors, and visitors based upon: ACGHI, NCRP, IRPA/INIRC, OSHA, WHO, DOD, and the FCC OET Bulletin 65 Evaluating Compliance with FCC Guidelines for Human Exposure to Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields.
- IEEE, N.E.C. & N.E.S.C electrical standards and Power Quality (PQ) criteria